Who I am: I am the Righteousness of God by the Blood of Jesus. Need I say more?

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

VBS... BVS, and BBS

Which are all the same in one! There was a veriety of names for what we call Vacation Bible School. Between the adults and the kiddos no one quite knew exactly what order they went in, or what the actual letters were. I am now very fond of these new names!

Monday through Friday was a whirl wind! Each morning packing a bag of snacks, lunch for work, snacks for after work, extra clothes, extra shoes... You know the whole 9 yards!
Monday and Tuesday were filled to the max with crazy kiddos learning how to serve their family and their friends. Snacks, games, crafts and bible stories filled up our short 3 hours! 

Monday started our memory verse for the week! 
Mark 12:30-31
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.
The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’There is no commandment greater than these.

By Wednesday my head hurt, my body was tired, yet God was faithful and surprised me with enough energy to last through the evening!  The kids learned about serving their neighbor. Which we all learned a neighbor could be anyone! 

Thursday we learned about serving our community! We had a few guests such as a nurse, a police officer and a wild fire fighter! I know the kids loved this! One cutie of a kid decided that the nurse actually worked with Jesus.


They were both in the healing industry, so logically why wouldn't she?!
Psalm 147:3
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
I will say each and every day there were God stories these precious children just had to share. Their joy and excitement over Him was so uncontainable and so contageous! I knew when I walked in that building I was going to be overcome with peace and utter joy. Our days, as leaders and volunteers, were outrageously long. You could tell by Thursday and Friday we were all ready for a nap that never ended! God was truly faithful. Our energy and stamina was amazing! I am so blessed to have learned so much from these kids! Their faith and reckless worship is what I desire for my own life and what I pray seeps into my friends and families lives!
Friday, Finally! Serving Jesus is what we talked about and how each of our other lessons was a beautiful way and example to serve Jesus! These kids had it down. 

My proud auntie moment was when one of my favorites saw one of her new friends hadn't got a sucker yet. She generously gave away her prized sucker out of pure, genuine love! She did it, not because she had to, but she gave a gift to a friend because she wanted to! Little things like that melt my heart and make me want to be a better giver!
After Friday rolled around I knew we were all due for that serious nap! However, when the glow sticks and kids worship songs came on I had to put on my pirate hat and bounce around to celebrate the goodness of God in each of these lives.
Matthew 5:16, Let your light shine before men, that they may see your fine works and give glory to your Father who is in the heaven.

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine"

I'll never forget this week! I never want to forget this week! My God taught me what it takes to love Him and serve him better. And all it requires is my heart, willing and ready, with a childlike faith! 

-Morgan B

The kids made bags to give food to give to those who are in need!

No comments:

Post a Comment