Who I am: I am the Righteousness of God by the Blood of Jesus. Need I say more?

Friday, August 23, 2013

Technical Difficulties

Well, This blogging world has proven to me that I will have some challenges!

I had big hopes and dreams to post Part II of my story today, and now that might have to wait until next time due to some unforeseen formatting and technical errors!

The other day I was driving to work listening to a song that has gotten me through one of the hardest seasons I have been through, loss of something I so desperately wanted.. I noticed that every time I sang this song it brought me to tears. It humbled me in a way where my moment of worship in my car was so sweet, so special.

As I pondered the lyrics, I realized the type of declaration I was singing. It melted my heart to know that the words I was singing has a profound impact on my daily life, my spiritual life, and my healing heart.

Be thou my vision, Be thou my Joy.
My providence and my Reward.
Be thou the wisdom that I employ,
To trade my worth for Yours.
Be Thou my refuge, be thou my strength,
Should my confession err.
My heart shall whisper a Sure Amen,
And TRUST your every word.
Be Thou Exalted,
Be Thou Exalted, Jesus, forever!
Be Thou Exalted forever.
Be Thou my Passion,
Be Thou my Zeal, That I may offer thee.
No Great procession,
or vain appeal, But my sincerity.
Hallelujah to the name of all names
Hallelujah to the God be all Praise.
Ever Holy, Worthy,
Be thou exalted Always.
These words that I casually sang every morning went unnoticed for a while. But, as time went on, I couldn't help but feel comforted, and thoroughly known in the depth of my being. During my time of greatest need, my time of greatest brokenness my Lord decided to place a song in my heart to declare his Greatness, and His consistency. Most importantly, he placed in me a desire to sing words I didn't want to accept with out even knowing it. He placed a song in me asking for Him to be what I simply could not be.
You see, this season it has proven to be a time where I choose to worship and I chose to love God. I am not ashamed to say that it has been a struggle to accept that He is who He says He is. So, to claim:
Be Thou Exalted ( Be Noble, be held in My Highest Regard.) 
and to shout out:
Hallelujah ( God be Praised! Rejoice!)
has brought me to my knees in humble adoration, and comfort without even knowing it until now,
is simply God.
Moving in me.
Working in me.
Healing me.
It's not always fun, but to know that even still, in some of my rebellion, he cares after me, and protects me.. I am eternally grateful.
My challenge is to ask my Father to open my eyes to the works he is doing, that I am still unaware of! It's changing my life. I hope it changes yours.
-Morgan B


No comments:

Post a Comment