Who I am: I am the Righteousness of God by the Blood of Jesus. Need I say more?

Friday, August 9, 2013

Mawwage, Mawwage. . . .

I find it fitting that after 2 months of marriage (as of yeaterday) that I would share one of the most exciting and God centered moments of my life.


While we were young we spent about a whopping month together, holding hands and going to bowling parties! At some point we even played together on a team for Hoopfest! I would bounce with joy if I ever found those long lost pictures! In all honesty, I couldn’t remember any of this if I tried! My husband has been majorly blessed with an excellent memory. Whereas mine, is not so great! I have to say, he was the one who informed me of these memories!

Once those days of major crushing ended, we went our separate ways. He moved on, I moved on…. Low and behold he found my sister… my twin sister!

Here is the happy couple Freshman Year of high school:

 

Aren’t they cute!?

And the cycle continued! We all moved on. Found our way through endless days of school, sports, choir, and life.

It’s hard to believe (or maybe not so hard to believe, knowing the social media influence we all can’t seem to ditch) that our reuniting came about over Facebook. On occasion we will joke and say we met each other online! I will spare you the tiny little details and jump straight to our first “coffee date” at Forza Coffee, where I shockingly spilled out my detailed boundaries and expectations of a relationship. After a few hours of utter humiliation of the words flowing freely, he asked if I was hungry and I couldn’t believe he wanted to spend another minute with my crazy self!

Little did I know that hour or two of coffee changed both of our lives. Forever. For the Better. This coffee date was April 9, 2012.

He asked me the most important and most exciting question of my life on November 17, 2012.

On June 8, 2013 I became Mrs. Brooks.

This was a part of my story that my Father had not let me know. After a few failed relationships I decided that I had to put my ideas, thoughts and desires of a Husband, being a wife, and a wedding at His Feet. This was the only way I could ever find full satisfaction in my most important relationship ever, with Jesus. Being obedient lead me to meet a man who loved Jesus, and will love Jesus more than he will ever love me. That is my husband’s most attractive quality. Being obedient also lead(s) me to loving my Husband better too.

I want to say that our story is a fairy tale, and in some ways it just might be, I do know for certain that we are not aiming to be a fairy tale story. Our story isn't without flaw, and there are definitely some parts that are not so fairy tale-like. We saw some major heart ache in the months leading to our wedding. We were met with major opposition (opposition that you will come to learn in coming posts), and fought tooth and nail against the world. As two lovers of Jesus we were called to abstain, and we are proud and honored to say we waited and because of that I know we were able to fight as hard as we did one, because of Jesus, and two, because our communication had to be on point all the time. It was worth every hard moment of temptation, or frustration! Every single second of it!

So all this to say, our wedding was filled to overflowing with joy, Jesus, and love.  

-Morgan B


 




                                                         

 I was able to wear my mothers dress and also surprised her with it! She has no idea I had it. Such an honor.            



My First look with my Father.



My best friends and Bridesmaids, and favorite niece ever!



Our first look.


My beautiful flower girls!


The Bridal Party! We love every single one of them, a lot!


My dear hubs, so excited he jumped the gun and tried to kiss me before "You may now kiss your bride"


 

No comments:

Post a Comment