Who I am: I am the Righteousness of God by the Blood of Jesus. Need I say more?

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Ahh, the weekend!


The weekend typically mean just one thing for me and my husband. Sweat pants and football. I may not be footballs #1 fan, but I do know that I love my sweat pants! I welcome Saturday with open arms!

This last week has been fairly busy, but full of moments I don't ever want to forget. Moments that include plenty of family time, moments at the church getting to know the youth and falling more in love with what Jesus does. Watching little ones count their candy in princess dresses and monster suits is by far my fav. 


These two just melt my heart! 


So do these two. What studs! 

This week also came with some Heart to Heart moments with Jesus. He is just so good to me. 


I just loved reading this mid morning while at work. What a beautiful reminder.
What preceded this page was a verse that stuck out to me and profoundly impacted me. I am certain it's one of those verses that I have heard and read a million times but that one particular day is when God happened to speak even more loudly through it. 

Philippians 4:19
19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.


As Thursday, Halloween, came and countless cuties in costume pranced their way around the neighborhood, my desire for a family significantly increased. As I became more and more determined, the next day, to make my plans and tell The Lord exactly how it was going to happen I was gently reminded of His promises. I was feeling so discouraged that perhaps my chances at a family were stripped from me. I was feeling like we were robbed of our opportunities for little dinosaur costumes. I was neglecting to remind myself of His great plans and how He is my supply in times of great need. He has planned His glorious riches for me and my husband long ago. And they are (sooo) Good. So, I spiritually trotted my way back to resting in Him. I am in awe and so thankful of His truth and grace that always nudges me back to surrender. My deepest desires are still there, and I am certain they are good and God given desires. Some days tend to be harder than others to relinquish my agenda or fight the feelings of discouragement, but I am constantly reminded of His perfect love. His perfect plan. Moving forward in a life I'm not sure I recognize is totally different than I expected, but far greater than I could ever imagine. I count myself as incredibly blessed right where I am, and I wait in anticipation as our story unfolds, because I know He cares for us.

What a beautiful week! What a FUN week! God is soo good! 

Oh....! The MOST exciting news is for one of our favs- Tan-man! Way to go, we are proud and so über excited for the next season God is bringing you to. Love the BOTH of you so much!



Xox
M

No comments:

Post a Comment