Who I am: I am the Righteousness of God by the Blood of Jesus. Need I say more?

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Catching Up

Well, this blog has proven to me, once again, to have it's difficulties. Not only have I ditched my scheduled times and days for blogging (certainly not on purpose), my Blogger App has successfully erased all my drafts of projects I was working on. I am very thankful all but one was recovered when on an actual computer.

I feel as though I have much to say, so forgive me for a lengthy post.

The past few weeks have been of great adventure, memories, lessons and cleansing, in a sense. 

About 3 weeks ago I ditched caffeine, waved good bye to wine and said farewell to sugar. The next item I am going to bid farewell is... Salt. I love me some salt. Chips, crackers, treats. I am a firm believer of "everything in moderation", however, this girl knows no moderation when it comes to Sea Salt and Vinegar Kettle Chips, or salty pretzels. I knew that once I cut out some of my favorite treats my salty-ness would kick in! Mmm, chips. Don't mind if I do....

So why you ask? Why am I so compelled to rid myself of these simple pleasures? Well, first of all, I am wanting to eat more and more healthy as times goes on. I only have this one body and I may as well find my happy and healthy medium now instead of one or two clogged arteries later. Also, after doing my little test run of caffeine, sugar, and wine, I feel amazing. I never really OVER indulged in those things (well maybe with Chocolate, on occasion), but I figured those were a safe start to my test run. I haven't regret it yet. My body is thanking me in more ways than one!  

My Hubby and I started juicing every morning as a nice replacement and refreshment! It is by far the best thing we have done, diet wise. Not only does it taste great, it has done wonders for me! Even if I sleep terribly, I feel refreshed after drinking this. I absolutely LOVE it. Another reason for all these diet changes is simply, fertility. I know there will be my cheat days, and junk food days. But, with the healthy diet we already ingest, I know that some subtle changes can dramatically effect your reproductive health. Now, I know that some of my personal contributing factors regarding fertility simply cannot change, but I know that if I am kind to my body, it will be kind to my potential babies. God's plan is already written, and those little ones will come or not come when He chooses and I want to do my part in creating a sustainable living space for a peanut to grow, hopefully someday! I have done quite a bit of research and I know that, for me personally, eliminating some of these items from the majority of my diet will benefit me greatly. Don't get me wrong though- I won't cut out the necessary sugars like fruit, or the natural salts in random items. These salty and sweets will be treats on rare and special occasions. We'll see how I cope come turkey day, or when I get the urge to bake my holiday snacks!

This month my Husband and I celebrated a date in time when he happened to ask me a question that changed my life, for the better, forever.

On November 17, 2012 my man asked if I would be his wife. 6.5 short months later we were wed! November 17th was a pivitol moment in my life. I always wanted to be a bride, but I didn't know the first thing about being a bride. I knew that I had a perfect example in my life of what that looked like. Jesus and My Lord.

Here's a glimpse of what my beautiful experience looked like:

" Lord let our eyes be fully open, our hearts yielding to you first.
 Remind us to die daily to ourselves so we may seek and serve you."

There were countless early mornings- and late night talks with God about prepping me to be a wife. I learned a lot of lessons. Most of which are not yet fully refined. My first big preparation was obedience. 

2 John 1:5-5
I am writing to remind you, dear friends, that we should love one another. This is not a new commandment, but one we have had from the beginning. Love means doing what God has commanded us, and He has commanded us to love one another, just as you heard from the beginning. 

I knew that I would need to have a firm foundation in obedience to The Lord before He could instill in me obedience in marriage. It was an amazing transformation.

This was all in a short few months after our engagement. As things progressed my Father walked me through seasons of refinement in repentance, purity, patience, faith, and communication.  I realized that these were all things that may never be perfected but, in light of marriage, they all were areas that needed fine tuning. Things that God felt I needed to visit before saying "I do". I am so thankful for each season I walked through. Now, I am so thankful to be walking through them all over again, but as a wife. 

I am so blessed to have a man like him in my life. I thank God every day for him. I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life saying yes to this man. Thank you, Jesus!

"June 12, 2013 

I love being married. I am a wife. I have a husband.

God has richly blessed me. I am honored."

Now- as far as the last few weeks- I'm not sure I have many pictures to share..... But here goes: 


I'm 110% thankful for this sweet girl! She cheers me up on the darkest of days! Missing her like crazy!


A sweet sweet memory of a text from my man a few days post proposal. That surely made my day!


Our dinner date on Saturday took place in a booth or two away from the spot where he popped the question! That was a fun date. I'll never forget those sweet moments.


Church Family bowling night wouldn't be complete without a selfie with my favorite Peanut. LOVE this girl with all the fibers of my being! 

There you go gang! My life in a nut shell. Gods got some more work to do, I know for certain there's a post in making that's all about Him! 

Xox 
-Morgan



No comments:

Post a Comment