Who I am: I am the Righteousness of God by the Blood of Jesus. Need I say more?

Monday, September 2, 2013

Definition: You

Who are you? What defines you? When asked about who you are, how do you respond?

I am SO guilty of forgetting frequently who I am and what I am made of. I tend to define my value on insignificant circumstances or trials, or even worse, material things. I am not suggesting that enjoying those blessings The Lord gave to you or myself is bad, but for me, I have a heart that tends to wander and a prideful heart that thinks on occasion I could find my worth in such things. This flaw I must always bring to mind and allow Him to transform me daily. 

As year 25 comes to a close and year 26 starts (which I am most certainly thankful for each year passing) I like to reflect back and see how I have changed or what deepened my relationship with Jesus. This year I was refined a little more (okay, maybe A LOT), and I learned the importance of drilling in my head where my value comes from. With out that foundation I would have certainly crumbled this year. 

You see, I thought for certain my circumstances defined me (especially when fighting through some tough stuff). I thought my past defined me. I thought for sure, that this definition of me that I created in my mind would be what people see of me or think of me. My Father proved to me that what I once was I am free from. My father proved to me that what I face, He already fought. My Father proved to me that what I think of myself, certainly is not how He sees me. For that, I am so grateful and totally undeserving. 

I am a daughter of the Most High King. A Co-heir with Christ. 

Purchased with the blood of Jesus. Paid for in full because He loves me so much.

And guess what?.... You are too. And He loves you with that same love. 

Wow.

So, after battling out another year I have learned that not one mistake, not one terrible circumstance, not one loss and devastation defines who I am.

So, define You? 
Who are you? 
Who do you belong to?
Where do you find your value?

I am His.

Ephesians 1:4-5
For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons and daughters through Jesus Christ in accordance to his pleasure and will.

Ephesians 1:7(a)
In him we have redemption through his blood...

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation; the old has gone, and the new has come!

2 Corinthians 5:21 
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

1 Peter 1:18-20
For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited. And the ransom he paid was not mere gold or silver. He paid for you with the precious lifeblood of Christ, the sinless, spotless lamb of God....... And he did this For You.

Matthew 6:30
If God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you? You have so little faith.

I love His truth, because quite frankly, I cannot and will not survive without it. I refuse to be swallowed up by darkness of forgetting the beautiful creation I am. Oh, how carefully we were crafted. My desire is to cling to that truth so that I can love others with that same desperate love He has. 

You are fearfully and wonderfully made.(psalms 139)


How precious are His thoughts about YOU.

---------------------------------------------
Side Note (because I love, love, love Tuesdays) : these beautiful women joined me for an early morning coffee date. My socks were blessed off with amount of amazingness that morning. God is good and he uses people so wonderfully.



This gorgeous woman has been the kind of friend a girl couldn't live without!


And this man, thank you Lord for this man. He's who reminded me where to find my worth in those dark moments when I couldn't remember. I love him.


No comments:

Post a Comment